Agenda- Conservation Committee

 Agenda for January 3, 2017 Conservation Committee Meeting

1. Minutes
Secretary Tom Brimacombe

2. Guests

3. February Meeting Chair

4. Priorities for the Preserve trails in 2017

5. Potential project area that we need to list on the County Land Development permit

6. Tools Purchased at the end of 2016

7. Tools Sharpening and Brush Hog update

8. Shed Clean up

9. Set a Chain Saw training date

10. Status of our Greenbelt Trail Standards Document ????

Email from Dag in regards to the Bibliotheca project

“Jim –

As we have discussed, we have no problem with small volunteer projects like this. Just make sure that all the affected neighbors are notified.

Thanks.
Dag”

11. John Reynolds – Remediation of Los Alamos GB update

12. Best Landscaping practices update

13. Membership vote Cecil Rich

14. COLTPAC

15. Old Business

16. New Business

 

Agenda for November 1st, 2016 Conservation Committee Meeting

1. Minutes
Secretary Tom Brendenberg

2. Guests

3. Membership vote

4. Status of our Greenbelt Trail Standards Document – November 14 Board Working meeting

5. John Reynolds – Remediation Plan for Southeastern Los Alamos Canyon Greenbelt trails

6. Best Landscaping practices update

7. Status of 400 series Trailhead camera

8. COLTPAC

9. Old Business

10. New Business

 

Agenda for October 4, 2016 Conservation Committee Meeting

1.         Minutes

Secretary John Reynolds

  1. Guests

3.         Reminder Trail work days for October and November (22, 29 5th)

4.         Report on the Indian School in the Preserve - Mark

5.         Status of our Greenbelt Trail Standards Document - Board

6.         Report on Board action on Cuesta road TH

7.         Best Landscaping practices update

8.         Invasive plants in Eldorado – Cecil Rich

9.         COLTPAC

10.       Old Business

11.       New Business

 

Conservation Committee Agenda - June 7, 2016

  1. Approval of May minutes

            A. Minutes for this meeting Tom Bredenberg

            B. Obtaining oral record for the secretary

2. Guests

3. Best Landscaping practices -

4. Social Trail Signs

5. Latest on library trail project

6. Rail Trail?

7. Trailhead work on Monte Alto June 20th

8. Update on Greenbelt trail standards (final?)

9. May work projects report

            A)Trail 201

            B) Trail 203

10. June project dates

            A. Jun 18 trail 301. Water bar repair and possible reroute of some portions

            B. Effort to get better turn out from volunteers

12. Eagle Scout Projects

13. COLTPAC report

14. Other Business

15. Adjournment

 

 

ECIA Conservation Committee Agenda - May 3, 2016

1. Approval of April minutes

2. Guests

3. Report on ECIA annual meeting

4. Best Landscaping practices - (conditional)

5. Latest on library trail project

6. Update on Greenbelt trail standards (final?)

7. April work projects report

            A) April 20th Trail 203

            B) April 27th 105/101 connector trail survey – social trails on Vista Grande

8. May and June project dates

A. Tentative dates - May 21 Trail 301 - water bar repair and possible reroute of some portions.

Flagging by JW and Tom Thursday May ? prior to work day.

B. Jun 18 trail 201 completion of drainage issues with the run off from the road.

C. Discussion of JW’s list of projects

9. COLTPAC report

10. Other Business

11. Adjournment

 

 

 

 

ECIA Conservation Committee

Meeting Agenda

March 1, 2016

  1. Introduction of Guests

2.  Approval of February minutes

3.  Work Schedule for 2016 Jan Willem Jansens

4.  Update on PNM easement agreement

5.  Discussion of Greenbelt trail standards drafted by John – These standards apply to option C.

     Here are our options for maintenance of the Greenbelts

A.Mowing - fast done with minimal CC oversight

B.Blading with the Kubota followed by mowing

C.Repairing – minimizing erosion rerouting. Requires the maximal amount of effort and will take many years to achieve.

6.  Set up dates up for work on projects discussed by Tom Brimacombe at last meeting

Trail 203: Reroute the upper half. (Priority 1).

Trail 105: Install a connector trail from 105 to 1D; Tom has marked a proposed trail with cairns that would break up the long run of the trail 105 and create a shorter loop. (Priority 2).

Trail 201: There is a large headcut that is creeping toward the trail; a relatively easy fix would be to put deadfall in. (Priority 3).

Trail 201: Picnic tables—move them to shady spots (Priority 3).

Trail 401: The long descent on the northern side is over 30% and has erosion issues. Perhaps a work party could begin to put in some switchbacks to alleviate the problem. (Priority 4).

7.  Survey Greenbelt Access Trailheads?

8.  Proposed projects in addition to those we will do with Jan-Willem—Tom Brimacombe

9.  Update on rail trail and Report on COLTPAC Meetings

10.Status of YTD budget expenditures

11.Other Business

12.Adjournment

Next Meeting: March 1, 7:00 pm

 

Eldorado Community Improvement Association

Conservation Committee Meeting Agenda

February 2, 2016

  1. Introduction of Guests

2.   Approval of January minutes

3.   Update on Ad Hoc Committee-Best Landscaping Practices

4.   Status of Greenbelt work between VGPL and Railtrail

5.   Update on PNM easement agreement

6    Discussion of Greenbelt trail standards drafted by John

7.   Proposed projects in addition to those we will do with Jan-Willem—Tom Brimacombe

8.   Discussion of Charter revision

9.   Discussion of 2015 Committee Annual Report and Goals for 2016

10.   Discussion of incorrect Greenbelt Access on Monte Alto Way-have green stakes been installed?

11.   Report on COLTPAC Meetings

12.   Status of YTD budget expenditures

13.   Other Business

14.   Appointment of minutes keeper for March 1 meeting (Cherry will be gone)

15.   Adjournment

Next Meeting: March 1, 7:00 PM, Community Center

 

ECIA Conservation Committee June Meeting Agenda

January 5, 2016

1.  Introduction of Guests

2.  Approval of November Minutes

3.  Update on Greg’s idea for Possible Creation of a Best Landscaping Practices Publication-Eduardo

4.  Report on status of greenbelt work between VGPL and the rail trail -

5.  Update on PNM Utility Easement that was never signed in 2011. Board status?  Greg to Report.

6. Report on Progress of new 7 Trail Sign Installations. Cherry working on with Andrea.

7. Committee Annual Report

8  John Parker to report on any COLPAC meetings.

9. Other Business

10. Adjournment

  


 

 

 

ECIA Conservation Committee Meeting Agenda

Nov. 3, 2015

 

 

1.         Introduction of Guests

2.         Approval of October Minutes

3.         Final discussion about Nov. 7th workday-All

4.         Status of Greenbelt work between VGPL and Railtrail-Mark

5.         Update on PNM easement-has Board reviewed and acted? David Yard

6.         Salt Cedar remediation on 200 series trails-Tom Brimacombe

7.         Report on Progress of remaining 3 trailhead signs-Mark

8.         Report on development of new trailhead signs for 100 series trails-Cherry

9.         Discussion of incorrect Greenbelt access on Monte Alto Way-Mark/Jim

10.       Report on COLTPAC meetings-John Parker

11.       Status of Budget Expenditures, YTD-Mark

12.       Other Business

13.       Adjournment

 

 

ECIA Conservation Committee June Meeting Agenda for June 2nd, 2015

1. Introduction of Guests

2. Approval of May Minutes

3. Report on status of greenbelt work between VGPL and the rail trail that was started in January. It is believed that we need to get the Kubota in to help complete the work.

4. Report on outcome of the May 29th Preserve work day in Wetlands.

5. Cross Vane repair – we are all set but waiting for Craig S. to be available in July or August.

6. Status of JWs’ progress with Quivera Coalition Grant for work on trail 401.

7. John Oberbuasen (Obie) attending to speak on an Endangered Cholla Cactus project idea.

8. Rock in place near start of Greenbelt Pilot project and ready for erosion control features on Wed June 3rd at 8:30 AM.

9. John Parker to report on any COLPAC meetings

10. Report on Progress of remaining Trail Sign Installations

11. Status of our budget expenditures YTD. Sign Graphics bill finally was sent.

12. Reminder of Sat. June 6th Herpetology Talk

13. Possible Attendance by Diego Rigalis for his for an Eagle Scout Project.

14. Other Business

15. Adjournment

 

 

ECIA Conservation Committee March Meeting Agenda

April 7th, 2015

1. Introduction of Guests

2. Approval of March Minutes

3. Reminder about April birding talk by Roger Clark on Saturday 4/11 in the Railroad Room from 9am-12pm.

4. Report on the meeting with the county regarding Trailhead #3

5. Jan-Willem’s proposal for the drainage project at the Trailhead 3 area,

6. Budget request to the ECIA board to repair the crossvane at trailhead #3

7. Reminder of April 25th Preserve Work day.

8. Report on status of greenbelt work between VGPL and the rail trail that Steve started in January. (Note that all adjacent landowners were notified in writing of this work and it has begun.)

9. John Parker to report on any COLPAC meetings

10. Report on Progress of Trail Sign Installations – Mark

11. Update on Windmills and Dreams - Jim

12. Update by Mark on help with Arnold Atkins concerning head cuts near our greenbelt trail. Plan for erosion remediation of the greenbelt trail

13. Reminder about John “Obie” Oberhausen offering May cactus class at the ECIA in May.

14. Progress on working with the Boy Scouts on Eagle Scout Projects.

15. Discussion on other talks by our committee in 2015?

16. Other Business

17. Adjournment

 

 

 

ECIA Conservation Committee March Meeting Agenda

March 3rd, 2015

1.     Introduction of Guests

2.     Approval of   February   Minutes

3.     Welcome Robert Egemeier as our newest CC official member!

4.     Jan Willem of Ecotone to speak on our 2015 Preserve Projects.  

5.     Report on status of greenbelt work between VGPL and the rail trail that Steve started in January. (Note that all adjacent landowners were notified in writing of this work and it has begun.)

6.    John Parker to report on any COLPAC meetings

7.      Update on Windmills and Dreams - Jim

8.     April birding talk by Roger Clark on Saturday 4/11 in the Railroad Room from 9am-12pm.  Thank you John C.

9.      Update by Mark on help with Arnold Atkins   concerning head cuts near our greenbelt trail.

10.        New Large Preserve Trailhead Signs have arrived and we are            working on installing them as weather permits.  

11.     John “Obie” Oberhausen has offered to do a cactus class at           the   ECIA in May and would like the Committee’s support

12.                     Discussion on other talks by our committee in 2015?

13.                     Earth Day Clean up in 2015.   Possible dates of April 18th or 25th.  

14.       Other Business

   15.   Adjournment 

  

 

 

 

ECIA Conservation Committee January Meeting Agenda

 

February 3rd, 2015

 

1. Introduction of Guests

 

2. Approval of January Minutes

 

3. Status of New Preserve Trailhead Signs as well as the smaller directional signs.

 

4. Update of Goat Remediation matter.

 

5. Prioritization of Ecotone Projects in 2015.

 

6. Report on status of greenbelt work between VGPL and the rail trail that Steve started in January. (Note that all adjacent landowners were notified in writing of this work.)

 

7. John Parker to report on any COLPAC meetings.

 

8. Update on Windmills and Dreams - Jim

 

9. Jaret Saums Eagle Scout Court of Honor Invitation.

 

10. Site visit by Jim and Mark to meet with Arnold Atkins concerning head cuts near our greenbelt trail.

 

11. Candidate Rob Egemier’s CC member status will be voted on at February Board Meeting.

 

12. John “Obie” Oberhausen has offered to do a cactus class at the ECIA in May and would like the Committee’s support.

 

13. The committee needs to approve the edited version of our annual report for 2014 and 2015 goals. Due Feb 28.

14. Other Business

 

15. Adjournment