Minutes - Stables Committee

The Eldorado Stable Committee regular business meeting was held on

Thursday, April 14, 2016, at the Eldorado Community Center.  Committee members present were: Alice Griffin, Karen Cameron, Pat Donahue, Tara Debevec and Elsa Kloess. The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm.  Minutes of the previous meeting, and agenda for this meeting were approved.

The Liaison’s report was given by Liaison Pam Henline. The owners of three barns with waivers have not reapplied.  Four barns are empty and those barn owners will receive a letter from the ECIA; owners need to put barns up for sale and notify the office of sale.  Inspection is Tuesday May 10.  All committee meetings will now be tape-recorded. 

The General Manager’s report was given by Brenda Leonard.  Ken Blake will continue with manure removal and road grading. Mark Young will stream line communication of violations and a courtesy letter will go out.  Information regarding the easement with the property to the North was shared.  Further steps were presented and discussed. ECIA needs something in writing to resolve it all. The Board will make the final decision.  Brenda said that she will get an email out to the Stable Community regarding the Northern boundary and ask for comments.

Sub-committee reports were given.  General Maintenance sub-committee had nothing to report. Arena sub committee reported that there is money in the budget to improve the footing in the upper arena, and that the lower arena will be treated with sand if necessary. The lower arena is dragged weekly, weather permitting, and receives more extensive maintenance on a bi-annual basis.

Open Forum: Carol Lowey asked if we are no longer in need of manure for the community.  Carol Lowey asked about signage, clarification of the charter, easement of property and waivers.  Nancy Gilkyson asked about the security camera.  Pat Donahue noted that Neighborhood Watch wants actual witnesses to make reports.  Jacqueline Garcia asked for further clarification on what the County is taxing barn owners for.  It was clarified that the County tax is on the buildings (the barns) not the land.

New Business: A nomination of Luci Wienczkowski to the committee was made and approved.

Committee Discussion Items:

-Fly predator season has begun.

-Manure removal was discussed. Ken Blake will haul off excess manure. Cost evaluation to be done at July 7, 2016 ESC business meeting.

-Easement at the North end of stable property was discussed.

-Rule changes and process for review were discussed:

-Billing was discussed.  There will be two billings, one in October and one in January.

-Planning of the next Community Day was discussed.  Listening Horse will provide pony rides.

Next meeting July 7, 2016.

The meeting adjourned at 9:21.