Agenda- Roads Committee

ECIA Road Committee

Meeting Agenda

2021-10-06

5:30 – 6:45 PM 

ZOOM Meeting

  1. Call to Order
  1. Introductions

Self-introductions of RC members, liaisons, and support staff.

  1. Approval of Minutes

Approval of September 01, 2021 meeting minutes.

  1. Chair Comments
    • Welcome to Guests.
  1. ECIA Board Liaison
    • Carol Sanguinetti, Board Liaison.
  1. Transportation Advisory Council Update
    • Nolan Zisman
  1. Old Business/Open Action Items
    • OCTOBER/FALL COMMITTEE ACTION ITEMS:
  • Fall Inspections
  • Prioritize recommendations for Capital Outlay Requests.
    • FALL INSPECTIONS: Progress/Review of Inspections of Roads in Eldorado. Discussion about inspection items and method of quantification.
    • CAPITAL OUTLAY REQUESTS. Meeting w/ Hank Hughes, Sal Monaco, and Joseph Gutierrez Sept 24, 21. Discussion for this year’s (FY22) Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan (ICIP).  The purpose of this meeting was to discuss what we had decided upon as a committee at the April meeting (?).  The focus of discussion was on maintenance of dirt roads (to include blading of the road surface and drainage ditches and associated culverts).

The suggested funds for roads and infrastructure projects in Eldorado, NM for the fiscal year 2022 (FY22) is $400,000.  75% of these funds ($300,000) will be used for the excavation, removal, and replacement of heavily damaged corrugated metal pipes (culverts) with High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) corrugated water drainage pipes, 16” diameter, and associated repair of the driving surface.  The other 25% of these funds ($100,000) will be used for emergency road repair due to extreme weather events.

Ref:  Eldorado FY 22.  Capital Outlay Requests: ICIP.  Proposed fund usage for Roads and Associated Infrastructure in Eldorado, NM.  James A. Mason, Ph.D., P.E.  Chairman, Road Committee.  2021-07-20

  • Paving of Torreon Road in Eldorado.
  • Finally, the last of the survey equipment and the metal detector has arrived. Dr. Mason will begin checking the operational status of the equipment.
  • Dr. Mason is still trying to get the version of all plat maps and utility maps from SFCPWs.
  • . Discussion about prior reported road issues to be reviewed.
    • Bette Knight, 53 Cerrado Loop, asked questions on behalf of the residents of Cerrado Loop. She had four questions about culverts, erosion across driveways, crumbling edges of the pavement and locations of mailboxes.
    • Matthew Lonagan, 20 Cato Rd., requested that SFCPW fix the washboarding that shows up a few weeks after the road is graded.
    • Brian Nelson, 64 Moya Rd., has suffered from water running off the street and down into his garage 6” to 8” deep, several times within the last month. ACTION ITEM: Visit Mr. Nelson’s road during the field trip between the RC and SFCPW, to evaluate what drainage changes need to be made.
  1. New Business
    • Recent flooding on local roads during monsoon rains. Further discussions.
    • The use of Bioswales for control of storm runoff in roadside ditches.
  1. Next Meeting
    • Next meeting: Nov. 03, 2021.