Minutes - ECIA Governing Board

ECIA Special Board Meeting Minutes

Monday, March 2, 2020

Open Meeting / 6:00 pm Railroad Room

Call to Order

  • Meeting called to order at 6:00 pm

Roll Call / Declaration of Quorum/Recorded Meeting

  • Nancy Sulzberg, President, Melicent D’Amore, Vice-President, David Sorkin, Director, Sal Monaco, Treasurer, Carol Sanguinetti, Secretary
  • ECIA Staff – Rachel Turnbough, Executive Assistant

Amend Agenda – after adjournment call for Executive Session. Note this meeting is also being live-streamed.

New Business

HOAMCO Review Task Group

  • Scope of Work
    • Need to define what BOD is asking volunteers to do
    • Task Group will gather information from membership and present it to the board for decision; feedback will come from many sources
    • Look to substantially Improve current contract and any future contract
    • Unrealistic to stop working with HOAMCO without transition plan
    • Clarify misinformation about what the board can/can’t do and what HOAMCO can/can’t do
    • Volunteers must put their bias aside
    • Monty VanderMay [HOAMCO Review Task Group Chair] will interview staff to get sense of what staff does and HOAMCO executives to discuss what can be offered
    • There will be an RFP [Request for Proposal] so there is an even playing field for each company
  • Timeline
    • Goal is to have decision in July; will need at least six months to ensure accounting policies and integrity of financials
    • During this research time, the board will be interviewing other companies
  • Membership
    • Need to elicit more than just negative comments – get positive and neutral opinions from residents
      • Qualitative and quantitative questions
    • Use all communication tools to get resident input -marquees, eblasts, website, chair at farmers market, committees; need to draw a scientific schematic
    • At least one moderated forum is planned for the end of June
    • Staff has stepped up and is more proactive and alerting the board when issues arise; taking on more responsibilities

  • Request that members encourage neighbors, friends to sign up for eblasts
    • Eblast sign up has been moved to top of Home page on the Eldorado website for convenience
    • David Sorkin will contact Neighborhood Watch to ask for assistance with email sign-ups
    • Mel D’Amore will contact La Tienda Newsletter to print request for emails
    • Carol Sanquinetti will contact Lisa Smith for her email listing
    • Sal Monaco will contact the library to include announcement in their newsletter

Adjournment – meeting is adjourned at 6:54 pm

Moved by Carol Sanguinetti, second by Mel D’Amore, 5 in favor, no opposed

Executive Session

  • Personnel issues discussed
  • Pending litigation discussed